Chapter 28
the start of the Great Flood


TL : Lauraldy
ED : - 
PR : -


On the day before the Great Flood, the capital city of Alphen, which was covered at dusk, was hit by the heat. Drinks and dishes are served here and there, people dance and are enthusiastic.
This is partly because everyone outside the walls has entered a New City and population density has increased.

I don't know if I can be save from the great flood starting tomorrow.

Before anxiety, the people enthusiastically say that maybe it was leaps and bounds the last in their lives now, and couples start to appreciate their love.
In fact, since the outbreaks of the Great Flood was announced, the couple who come to the facility who can apply the magic of contraception in the adventurer's guild to cancel has increased.
That's because many men fight with weapons in the great flood starting tomorrow.
In two months, people who have never held a gun before well try to train with weapons in their hands.
They offer themselves as the Army of Volunteers who fought in the great flood, including their families will be provided food, clothing, and shelter.

“This is a big problem”
“The great flood”

I and Marl see the sights from our special place on the fourth wall.
The place is like a warehouse, or more precisely, it's like a watchtower built above the walls of the fortress. From here, you can see the walls outside and inside of the Gates of the New City.
This room is rather large with a simple table and there are shelves that are not so big.
The room is very clean and the staff on duty was also very friendly and helpful.

I and Marl see people dressed rough.
Today I have told the person in charge to no one go near this place unless there is an emergency. It's just quiet time with me and the Marl alone.

“Why Taichi fight in the great flood?” (Marl)

I leaned on the words of Marl that suddenly appeared.
See my attitude, Marl continued to talk.

“Taichi is not a citizen of the kingdom of Kalendale this, also not human Eirardo since the beginning. I think there is no reason for Taichi to go ahead and fight in the most dangerous places. If you run away, someone will surely stop the flood” (Marl)

I thought while leaning in on the negative statements suddenly from the Marl.

“If you say it, it might happen, but there are a lot of reasons for me. I want to test my own strength, take a gift from the Kingdom of Kalendale, and so on.” (Taichi)

Marl doesn't seem convinced by my words, so he just shut up.
What do you think about the day before? I haven't said anything until now.

The desire of the boy and the hero is relations that are not integral.
From small children to old people, I think if you're a man, there are always wishes that there was somewhere in your heart.
I have the opportunity to fulfill and the power to do it, but I still can't do without it.

“You could probably die?” (Marl)
“That possibility is not zero. I have the feeling that I'm strong, but there is no limitation if there are more opponents out there.” (Taichi)

Or you may be destroyed by the abundance of violence. There are a lot of battles and there are a lot of words about him.
But I'm not just a warrior. I'm a hero who can remove the crowd of monsters.

“Don't worry, I'll run when I'm dying” (Taichi)

I'm sure Marl also anxious. Maybe you want to throw away everything and run away with me.

"I think that if I escape now, I will continue to regret all the time. It can be said with certainty” (Taichi)

I think if I run away I will continue to think of the feelings of guilt that will continue to be in my mind.
But this story will be fine, yes of course.

“Enough already, this story is heartbreaking! It is better to let's go eat. Well, It's Been a long time” (Taichi)

That's what I said and I stand towards the door
Because hungry. I can't help it now!

“Mouu… Taichi-san I'm talking serious” (Marl)
“Haha, if you feel very anxious, your stomach can get sick. I can handle it” (Taichi)

I cook my own food after a long time leaving the Marl who was grumbling.
There is a lot of food and cooking equipment in storage and it makes it easier to cook on the Fourth Wall.
Stir the chopped vegetables and snake meat a little and cook in a frying pan to make the soup, then season to taste snake meat a little with salt and spices to make it into a steak.
Add to it the freshly baked bread from the storage and you have a good dinner. A little rough around the edges.

“Now can not help to determine the attitude. Let's eat fill the stomach, deep sleep, and prepare for tomorrow! But I'm a little afraid, so please sleep well tonight.” (Taichi)
“Well Well” (Marl)

It's a bit of an insult, but Marl smiling
Yes, I want to Marl smiled. Let us survive.



The day after I did a lot of tempting Marl at the dawn of the night. Suddenly I woke up when the sun had not yet risen.
I have a hunch.
So, I woke Marl with a shake of his body.

“Oh ... well ... what happened?” (Marl)
“Wake up and get ready, I have a hunch something” (Taichi)

Open the dagger of light with the magic of light and place it on the table. It is illuminated by enough light to transform the interior space of the charging.
Marl jumped out of bed quickly and started to get ready.
I also almost naked, so I quickly put on clothes and bags. I sit supine with the sword of the bond and the knife of the hunter and out of the room.

“It looks like it hasn't happened anything” (Marl)
“I don't know” (Taichi)

While the focus beyond the Fourth Wall, I handed over the fruit instead of breakfast from storage for Marl who is speaking.
I think the Perception of Danger has been active. I can't say for sure because I was asleep, but maybe it is.
When I'm peeling fruit, I make the direction of my view out of the Fourth Wall using a magic eye.
There is something unnatural.

There are many magical reactions above the Southwest sky
It seems the distance is still quite far, but not strange if it comes as a flying monster.

"I found many magic reactions over the southwest sky. Sorry Marl, please go to the head of the Knights leader to report "(Taichi)
"Okay, Taichi-san. Be careful" (Marl)
"Leave it to me. I'll beat them all and make you guys out of Here "(Taichi)

I drew the sword of deviation from its sheath, raised high and started to concentrate on magic.
The crystal which is the core of the sword, making the blue light shine and the silver of the Gods also began to emit a blinding light.
A grenade of light that emits pure white light about the size of a fist occurs at the point where the sword was raised.

"Alright" (Taichi)

Bullet a blinding light shook the sky at the same time when I use the sword of deviation.
Judging by the tail of the light, the light gets stronger as time goes by.

*BOOM*

Explosions that illuminate the earth as if daytime happened in the southwest sky.
The howl and the shock wave arrived too late.
It seems the reaction of the magic that was trapped in the explosion has disappeared, and all the other reactions have fallen by the shock wave.
Because it is a certain strength, so no matter it is the devil he will not be able to live.
Ohh, I gained 3 levels. How lucky!

The New City began to make noise, you can see the rumble or light.
The defense of the capital of Kingdom Alphen will be ready soon.
We have a network of contacts which is very detailed for this time of day, and on top of it all, Marl immediately went to report to the leader of the knights the Capital.
Yes, the first step is a surprise attack by a flying type devil that mixes with the dark of night. If it was me, I'll be attacking a large force to a place where he is confused, and it destroys at once.

And, if you think that way, many of the reactions of magic emerged from the forest far south-east of the capital of the Kingdom.
The number gradually increased, and the momentum that envelops part of the view.

“It was a bit far”

It is far from flying giants, so it cannot reach the maximum explosion in long distance.
As you can see, the number of reactions magical increased, and it began to spread to the side as if it surrounds the capital of the kingdom of Alphen.
I can't count how many animals there are in there.

“How many can you beat?”

With this began the Great Flood.


A group of monsters will come.
They number about twenty thousand.

The strength of the defense of the capital of the kingdom of Alphen is about 4,000 regular army of the Kingdom Kalendale including the Knights.
In addition, the capital of the Kingdom of Alphen has about 1000 adventurers, 3000 army civilians, and 8000 regular soldiers.
The number of monsters twice as strong here. This is not a bad fight if you think there is a barrier, but the monsters in front of you not necessarily all the power of your enemies.
Of course, a tough fight as expected….. This is a great game.





"Hahahaha! That's monster was like a trash "

Some light bullets flew from above my head, piercing to the herd of monsters and caused a huge explosion.
The monsters scattered, pieces of meat and innards, many craters with a radius of 100 meters left behind.

Long-distance bombings on monster swarms → many exploding monsters → become an experience.

It was a nice long-distance shot. The level is increasing.
I feel like I'm fishing the fish are full of bait potluck.

Of course, not all monsters can be obliterated with my maximum explosion.
Monsters find a gap between the blast.

"The Cavalry of the sword get ready! Attack! "
"Ready! Hey! "
"Oh, God! Hold your Spear! Defend your friends by holding a shield! "
"Ready! It's time reap a profit”

After being injured by the blast, the monsters are attacked by Kalendale soldiers, civilian soldiers, and adventurers whose spirits are increasing.
The attack was launched by a sword cavalry, a rain of bullet arrows waged by civilian soldiers, and adventurers who stabbed their spears and swords.
There seemed to be those who were exhausted and injured, and there were also some who died in the front row, but it does not cover in range of me.
My role here is to fire a big blast to the monster hordes.
However, my magic is also the limit.

"Taichi-san, are you all good after using that magic?" (Marl)
"Well, I thought I had used half" (Taichi)

My maximum explosion was the highest level of magic, thus consuming a large amount of my MP. I'm not sure it's a mistake or not.
The required MP to shoot is 200 when not moving the body, and when moving the body decreases by about 20% to 30% so it requires 150 MP.
Until now, I got rid of the monsters and reached Lvl. 50, and my maximum MP is now 3528 or more.
So, I'm raising the magic recovery to lvl. 5 with the skill point I got excessive, it recovered about 8 ? 9 per minute. This is the calculations I can recover about 500 per hour with a simple calculation.
I can shoot three times in a span of 1 hour.

This doesn't mean I can shoot continuously, so I can still fight.
The strength of monsters has also declined.
I don't quite understand the purpose of the actions of the monsters.
I could just blow them up with my magic, I thought they'd be frightened and escaped, but they rushed here.
It looks like they were forced to die.

When I thought about it while looking at the battlefield, I felt my spine suddenly shivering.

"Hmmm" (Taichi)
"What's Up?" (Marl)
"No, I have a bad feeling about it" (Taichi)

Right after I said it, a black ball appeared on the battlefield.
The ball, isn't it? Coins? Or the hole?  (TL: Because of   means yen so I wrote coins)
I don't know for certain, suddenly something like black darkness like the night sky appears. Hazard perception told me that it is a danger

"What is it, the atmosphere looks very not good." Marl
"I don't know..... For sure, this is a not good atmosphere "(Taichi)

When I was discussing it, a 『 hand 』 came out of black darkness.
It was a very terrible 『 hand 』 enveloped by blood, with flesh scratched down and bones visible.
『 Hand 』 It puts his hand to the edge of darkness to spread black darkness. Darkness hinders and widens
It's obvious there's something going out of that black darkness.



"The ultimate goal is to destroy your opponents!"

Because I don't have a generous mind like a villain who gently oversees the transformation scene from the Hero of justice, so I put a maximum blast toward black darkness that tries to come out without mercy.
It was not a single shot, but the total was five shots.
The roar of the sound burst is heard from the depths of dark black five times consecutively.
『 Hand 』 red and big Black loses its power and fall from the darkness. It seemed like it was blown away from the wrist.
By the way, the monsters that are under the 『 hand 』 has been destroyed.
What does that mean?

"Super! It's interesting! "

As a precautionary measure, 『 hand 』 that fell to the battlefield also I shot with my maximum explosion.
That would be a problem if you just move it.

"Hmm"
"Wickedness has perished. Now, the great flood is just beginning. "

I'm not the type of M person who bothered me to make a powerful enemy appear.
Ohh, my level rises 3 levels.



"What's more now?"
"Do not you know... First of all, it looks like the hero are flying, it's not a problem "
"I'm not sure. Oops, next will come "
"Hyaha! It's time to make money "



if there are some words or sentences wrong in the translation, please let me know in the comment. And also I need a proofreader. Thank you~



l ToC l